Detox has become a trendy catch phrase.
But detoxification is serious business. And given that we are eating, absorbing and breathing many more toxins that any other generation in history, we all need a little help with detoxification. Toxic build-up can cause inflammation, depression, allergies, weight gain and serious illnesses. So implementing ways to detox daily is essential for good health.
You can do a more involved detox one or two times a year. But it is daily practices that will be essential to keep your body running smoothing. If you have symptoms like headaches, body aches, grogginess, weight gain, exhaustion, frequent illness, digestion problems or mood problems, finding ways to detox daily is definitely for you.
Presenting 12 ways to detox daily today!
1. Drink a warm glass of water with a lemon – Warm lemon water has been shown to be helpful for liver detoxification. It’s also a powerhouse that can wake up the digestive system. This will then help with morning bowel movements via elimination. And all of this is gently supportive of detoxification.
2. Grab the turmeric – Turmeric a mighty force when it comes to liver detoxification. This is due to its ability to help the liver detoxify toxic chemicals. Turmeric has been shown to be preventative for many cancers and other degenerative diseases. So make a curry or even add turmeric to a smoothie. But try adding it to your diet today!
3.Supplement with apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar can be used in a variety of recipes or can be taken alone. It is very alkalizing and can be helpful to the liver with the detoxifying process. Try a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar to hep you detox daily.
4. Give yourself an early bedtime – Adequate sleep does more than just make you feel refreshed and alert. The body does some of its most comprehensive detoxification work while the brain is in sleep mode. So if you’re not sleeping properly, you’re also not detoxifying. So give yourself 7-8 hours to sleep nightly to help your body detoxify.
5. Add some herbs to your food – Herbs are phenomenal for detoxification. Some great options are herbs like dandelion, burdock root, milk thistle, and cilantro. These herbs are all supportive of the gallbladder,and the liver. So incorporate fresh herbs into your diet today.
6. Exercise – Exercising is a great way to not only rev up your immune system, but also help with detoxification. It is good for the entire body, helps strengthen the organs of detoxification and also helps you expel toxins through your sweat. So try doing 30 minutes of cardio at least a few times a week.
7. Drink a cold-pressed juice – Juicing is a great way to take in extra detoxifying nutrients. So focus on beets, spinach, kale, lemons, cilantro, turmeric, ginger and garlic. When juicing for detoxification, make sure to use as much organic produce as possible. Your juice won’t be that helpful to detoxification if you’re adding back as many toxins as you’re taking away.
8. Try yoga inversions – a headstand, handstand or even just lying on your back with your legs up the wall are all very calming to the body. Yoga inversions promote better digestion, better quality sleep, and improved elimination. Not to mention that they get oxygen moving through the body. And all of these side effects are supportive of the process of detoxification. So detox daily by starting the day with an inversion that feels comfortable to you.
9) Take a sauna – Saunas are an extremely valuable tool for detoxification. Sweating can help expel toxins from the body. Just follow this advice to get the best sauna experience. First, always shower right after a sauna. Otherwise, your toxin filled sweat may soak back into your body. Second, detox in saunas that are at lower temperatures than traditional saunas. 120 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit is best for expelling the most toxins.
10. Detoxify with body brushing – Brush the body to get the lymphatic system moving and increase detoxification. Take a body brush and brush in small circles in a direction moving towards the heart. If you are brushing your legs, you will brush in an upwards direction. If you brush your stomach, you will also be brushing up towards the heart. But if you brush your shoulders, you will brush in a downwards motion because the shoulders are above the heart.
11. Follow the 50/50 Rule – The 50/50 rule states that whatever you eat, your plate should be filled halfway with vegetables at every meal. This can be any type of vegetables like a salad, steamed vegetables or raw vegetables. Vegetables are filled with nutrients that are beneficial for the organs of detoxification. So make your plate “green” by following the 50/50 rule today!
Here’s a little video about how the 50/50 rule works, and also, how it can pertain to weight loss.
12. Get a massage – Who said detoxification just had to be hard work? There are fun and relaxing ways to detoxify as well. Similar to body brushing, a massage gets the lymphatic system moving and helps expel toxins from the body. Not to mention that a massage relieves stress, is anti-inflammatory and is good for the whole body!
It is so important to detox daily.
True detoxification in our modern, high-toxicity world is achieved through mulch-faceted approach done on a consistent basis. You do not need to do any one of these every single day. But the average person needs to do a few of these everyday to achieve true long-term detoxification.
So pick a few of these to help you detox daily. Doing these along with becoming mindful of minimizing your toxic load should help keep your healthy and vibrant for years to come!